Author ad

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Divinely Healed

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

This is a story as reported by William J. Seymour and his book called, "The Azusa Street Papers," published in 1906.


Brother J. A. Warren of Houston, Texas, relates his experience as follows: "I had suffered two years from chills and fever and could never get rid of them. I was down with them, when it was told to me that the Lord would heal us and wanted to do it without the help of medicine, so I made up my mind that I would not have another chill; that the Lord would heal me. My chill was to come on about seven o'clock in the morning. It started to come and I was about to call my people to put more cover over me, when I thought how I had taken the Lord for my healer. So I got up and dressed and would not let the devil bring a chill on me, but prepared for breakfast. When the ice wagon came along and my little grandchild called my attention to it, I started to say, "No, I will not take ice for this is my chill day." (I was in the habit of taking ice only on the day I had fever). Then I stopped myself and said, "Yes, I will take ice," And I drank ice water all day. I was healed and in two months had gained about twenty-five pounds in flesh."


Brother Roop

 Roop-Crappell Ministries 

 Hospice Volunteer Stories 

 Apostolic Theological Seminary 


No comments:

Post a Comment