Author ad

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Poker Night

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

My wife and I went out for the night, and had my parents babysit kids. My parents always enjoy watching their granddaughters. At the time my daughters were seven and nine years old. 


My wife and I went out for the night and had a good time. When we returned, we drove in the driveway and opened up the garage door. Both my granddaughters went into panic mode. That's because my parents were teaching my daughters how the play poker!

We're a religious family and we don't gamble or even play cards. But my parents are not religious and my dad was a well-known poker player. He shot pool for money and played poker for money and won at both!


So my parents thought I'd be fun to teach their granddaughters how to play poker. My parents thought that was amusing that as soon as they heard the garage door open they went into panic mode, and started hiding the chips and the cards.

When we found out what happened, we that was pretty funny too. Like I said we are religious, but we're not uptight either. We all kind of laugh together about it all.

Do you have a funny story about your parents babysitting your kids? Feel free to share it with us in the comment section? If you enjoyed the story you can follow this blog and catch all pictures stories.


William James Roop

Roop-Crappell Ministries

Hospice Care and Dying

No comments:

Post a Comment