Author ad

Friday, July 2, 2021

Whisperings Of The Comforter

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

This is a testimony written by Mary Perkins, but she wrote to the Azusa Street Mission in November of 1906. The story was published in their newsletter.

The Lord had been given me this passage, Burning it into my soul for months, "The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, fair one, and come away." Cant. 2:13.


I would always get so blest when the Lord would give it to me. Finally I said, Lord, What does it mean? And immediately the thoughts came into my mind, "why the fig tree in the Bible represents the Jews and the vines represent the ones who are the branches of the vine, Jesus. The Jews are beginning together at Jerusalem and beginning to show life. And the tender grapes on the vines giving a good smell means that the bride is making herself ready, showing that His coming is near. The vines are laden with fruit and begin to give a sweet smell, ripening for His coming."


At another time, this kept coming to me, "fear not, For I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine." Isa. 62:4. It would come with such sweetness and power that finally I said, Lord, What is my name? He said, "Hepz-ibah, my delight" Isa. 62:4.

Again the Lord gave me this verse, "Thine head upon day is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple. The King is held in the chambers." I asked the Lord what that meant. Immediately it was given to me, "Thy head like Carmel, That is red under the Blood; And the hair of thine head as purple, means that you belong to the royal family. The king is held in galleries, That is in the little cells of the brain of my head as well as in my heart."


One evening I went to the restaurant for supper, And I sat there and had commenced my meal, when someone touched me on the shoulder. I looked around, but did not see anyone, so I turned around and commenced the eating again. Then something said, "You have not given thanks for your food or ask him to bless it."

Signed, Mrs. Mary P. Perkins.

William James Roop, M.A.B.S.

 Roop-Crappell Ministries 

 Hospice Volunteer Stories 

 The Trucking Tango 

 Apostolic Theological Seminary 


No comments:

Post a Comment